Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My PINK .22 Rifle, complete!

What can I say, my husband is the BEST!

Ever since I bought my pink BB GUN to shoot the squirrels that eat my flowers I have wanted a PINK .22 rifle to shoot ground squirrels in the country. My interest in a .22 began Spring break 2007, (my first spring break working at BSU) when I went to Paisley OR to visit my good college girlfriends! What was our main activity? Shooting ground squirrels! It was a while ago, but I am pretty sure I borrowed my father’s .22 rifle for the weekend. (While mom was saying, you’re really going to send your GUN with her?) Before this weekend, I hadn't shot ground squirrels since I was a kid! I had forgotten how fun it was! I am sure my company made it even more fun.... gosh, we had fun that weekend didn't we ladies!?!?! Pictured is Dana Withers, me, Katie Williams and Kellie Frank (Davis). Love these ladies!

Between then and our wedding, I hadn't shot any squirrels, other than my new found hobby of shooting the city squirrels that eat my flowers. Don't worry, the city squirrels simply get "zapped" by the BB GUN, no damage is done other than a scurry!

After receiving a large amount of Cabela's bucks for our wedding (yes, we asked for Cabela's bucks along with Home Depot Gift Cards) we bought a .22 rifle for me. However, Cabela's doesn't sell PINK .22's, we had to buy the gun first and then buy a pink stock! I told Jordan that a pink stock is what I wanted for my birthday. I know my birthday is not until August 12th, however, I will be reunited with the lovely ladies above this weekend in Paisley OR. Dana Withers is getting married and this weekend is her Bachelorette Party! Yes, Katie and I will be arriving early to spend some time with our Bride-To-Be and shoot squirrels! So, I am sure you are putting it together, yes; I asked Jordan if I could get my birthday gift early so my gun would be "pimped out" for the weekend! If it was going to be pink sooner or later, why not sooner?

Do you think the squirrels are going to be scared?
Above, gun as purchased, below, gun after my wonderful husband bought my birthday present early!

No comments:

Post a Comment