Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Pioneer Woman

At my Bridal Shower, Tiffany asked me if I had the cook book, The Pioneer Woman, I told her no, I don't have it and didn't think much of it. With the wedding coming up and everything going on, I am actually surprised I remember Tiffany asking me if I had it.

Then at Melissa Maag's Bridal Shower a few weeks ago, she received it as a gift and Tiffany asked me again if I had it. She and Alisha went on and on about how wonderful it is and how impressive this woman is. After arriving home from the shower I investigated! I believe I do need to purchase her cookbook, but in the mean time I have been cruising her blog.

While cruising her blog I saw this recipe
and thought I must try it!
I tried it last night and it was WONDERFUL!
I modified the recipe a little, instead of putting basil and garlic through the food processor, I bought a jar of pesto sauce, and instead of buying a block of Parmesan and grating it, I bought a packet of shredded Parmesan cheese. I also added some sun dried tomatoes that we had in the fridge and I must say they were a nice treat here and there.

While the pasta was boiling I heated the mixture up on the stove, it was a quick and easy side dish to our dinner! Jordan asked, What do you have going on over there!?!? I said, it's a surprise!

Once everything was heated up and the Parmesan Cheese was melted I tossed it with the pasta!

When ever I try something new, I always ask Jordan, What do you think? Does this qualify for a "make again"?

He said, "Make again, I could have this every day of the week!"
Thanks to the Pioneer Woman, I have another "make again recipe"! I must agree with Jordan, it was delicious and I think it would yummy warm or cold!

2 comments: