Sunday, October 17, 2010

We are engaged!


The story:

I worked Saturday in Vale @ The Willowcreek Store & Cafe, a restaurant that my parents own. Before I left for the weekend, I asked Jordan to buy me a trowel because I was going to bring home flowers from mom & dad's to transplant in our flower beds. Confused? It will all come together in a second!

I worked all day at the Store, we served 60 prime rib dinners, and I drove back to Boise Saturday night, arriving home , in Boise, at midnight Saturday night. Jordan was up waiting for me.

Very odd, there were a dozen red roses on the kitchen table. I asked Jordan, "What are the flowers all about?" He said, "I just wanted to get you some flowers."
Odd, cause Jordan doesn't often buy me flowers.

I turned the corner and a large rubber maid tub was on the couch and it was gift wrapped with a large bow on top. I asked Jordan "What is that?" and he said, "Just something for you."

After some teasing and wondering, I opened the box, inside it was another wrapped box, and 3 more wrapped boxes inside those boxes. Inside the last box was a trowel, yes, a red trowel.... I said, "All this for trowel?" Jordan smiled and said, "I have one more box for you" and pulled the ring box out of his pocket and said "Will you marry me?" I said "OF COURSE!"

LOVES and HUGS and TEARS and a only a few phone calls because it was 12:30 in the morning! :)

We have had a wonderful Sunday, sleeping in, went to breakfast @ Quinns, drank mimosas with breakfast to celebrate, had lots of phone calls and texts all day, and yes, I planted the flowers that I got from mom & dad using my new trowel :)

The story!!!!! Jordan definitely surprised me, confused me with the trowel and caught me off guard! WAHOO! We are engaged!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yipppeee! What a fun proposal story! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete