Thursday, August 25, 2011

Full time staff, Instructor and Student

As it is week one on Boise State campus and many other colleges around the nation I find myself in three roles this school year:

1) Full Time Staff: Academic Advisor, Athletic Department
2) Instructor: UNIV 101, freshman seminar with our student-athletes
3) Student: Master's of Educational Leadership

Yes, I have decided to "Go back to school"

There are days when I wonder why I have made this choice but other days I am very excited. This program is geared toward current teachers (which I am not) to become certified to become a principal in the state of Idaho. By completing this 2 year program, yes, I said 2 year program, (again, sometimes I wonder about my decision making skills) I will be prepared to not only teach in the future but potentially move into administration some day. The biggest "perk" about my 2nd Master's is that I am able to complete the required courses at a very cheep rate since I am a full time Boise State employee.

Jordan is very supportive of me starting this program and I'm sure he'll be very supportive throughout the 2 years.

My first class is tonight and then tomorrow the Cohort is going to McCall for a retreat I am sure will be filled with learning and leadership!

Last night was an experience in it's self.... I BOUGHT SCHOOL SUPPLIES!
WOW! I honestly never thought I would have 1 Master's Degree let alone be in pursuit of a second.

You never know when you're going to surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment